This week's banner is by lwc from Oklahoma, USA

How to Cheat in Photoshop CC
Back to the book | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » How to Cheat in Photoshop CC » Topic: Introducing... How to Cheat in Photoshop CS6

Posted on 24/08/12 07:38:55 AM
Steve Caplin
Administrator
Posts: 6320

Reply


Re: Introducing... How to Cheat in Photoshop CS6
joeysala wrote:
I've barely scratched the surface of CS5 --- if I get the CS6 book, will I beable to use some (?) of the information with C5?


Yes, indeed - although features like the 3D stuff and Lighting Effects have changed considerably, so the book now applies to the CS6 approach. That said, I've put PDFs of the tutorials from previous editions on the DVD, so they're there for reference if you're still using CS5.

This technology is moving waaaay too fast!


Exciting, isn't it!

Posted on 26/08/12 12:46:14 PM
joeysala
Perfect Palmist
Posts: 604

Reply


Re: Introducing... How to Cheat in Photoshop CS6
Guess I'll just have to get the book..........and, as I've got a birthday coming next month, I just might treat myself to CS6 (despite the fact that I'll probably not live long enough to discover all it has to offer!).

Exciting is putting it mildly, wouldn't you say?

_________________
"Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art........" Joseph Conrad

Posted on 04/09/12 09:40:43 AM
Trevor Dennis
*
Posts: 20

Reply


Re: Introducing... How to Cheat in Photoshop CS6
Just returned home after five weeks overseas, and the first thing (almost) I did was look for the parcel. It was not here. :-( My order is with Fishpond in New Zealand, and a search of my emails said they'd had to reorder the book from a different source, but that was weeks ago. I've emailed them asking for a status report.

I wouldn't mind, but my trip included the UK and I could have picked it up while travelling. I chose not to as I only took an iPad with me, so no Photoshop.

Thankfully I have five weeks of photographs to process, or I'd be even more upset about the book.

Bummer.

_________________
Trevor Dennis
www.flickr.com/photos/trevor-dennis/

Posted on 06/09/12 10:19:53 AM
Steve Caplin
Administrator
Posts: 6320

Reply


Re: Introducing... How to Cheat in Photoshop CS6
Trevor Dennis wrote:
I only took an iPad with me, so no Photoshop.


But hopefully you've installed Photoshop Touch on your iPad - it really is a remarkably good solution!

Posted on 25/09/12 10:18:16 PM
vibeke
Kreative Kiwi
Posts: 1969

Reply


Re: Introducing... How to Cheat in Photoshop CS6
Welcome home, you have missed a miserable winter. I always use The Book depository for ordering books, quick delivery and no postage.
http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/
Vibeke


Trevor Dennis wrote:
Just returned home after five weeks overseas, and the first thing (almost) I did was look for the parcel. It was not here. :-( My order is with Fishpond in New Zealand, and a search of my emails said they'd had to reorder the book from a different source, but that was weeks ago. I've emailed them asking for a status report.

I wouldn't mind, but my trip included the UK and I could have picked it up while travelling. I chose not to as I only took an iPad with me, so no Photoshop.

Thankfully I have five weeks of photographs to process, or I'd be even more upset about the book.

Bummer.




_________________
Perfect confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation prize.

Posted on 05/01/13 07:13:18 AM
joeysala
Perfect Palmist
Posts: 604

Reply


Re: Introducing... How to Cheat in Photoshop CS6
Guess who got CS6 AND HTCIPS CS6 for Christmas?!? I dropped a few hints, and thought maybe the book.......never ever exected CS6! Someone must've thought I've been a very good girl!

And Steve, I can't tell you how surprised I am to see my name and FCs in the book - twice even! As surprised as I was it didn't compare to how thrilled my family was! It's like you gave them a Christmas present!

Now I have to hurry through CS5 - which I've barely scraped the surface of! Oh, please don't say CS7 or higher is already out!

_________________
"Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art........" Joseph Conrad

Posted on 24/12/13 3:09:11 PM
LindaA
*
Posts: 1

Reply


Re: Introducing... How to Cheat in Photoshop CS6
Bonjour Steve

J'aimerais savoir si votre livre sera publié en français ?

Je possède votre livre en français : L'Art du Bluff avec Photoshop CS5
Un livre indispensable pour apprendre :-)

J'ai découvert aussi : The Friday Challenge :-))

Linda A
_________________________________

Hello Steve

I would like to know if your book will be published in French?

I have your book in French: The Art of Bluff with Photoshop CS5
An essential book to learn :-)

I also discovered: The Friday Challenge :-))

Linda A

Posted on 16/04/14 6:57:11 PM
Calasade
*
Posts: 33

Reply


Re: Introducing... How to Cheat in Photoshop CS6
I recently bought this for the Kindle (wish now I had ordered a hard copy because the Kindle layout is rather rough to read). That said, the tips in this book are amazing. I do have a problem besides the e-formatting and that is where to download the DVD that accompanies the hard copy. I can only find the download files for CC.

Posted on 17/04/14 07:37:06 AM
Steve Caplin
Administrator
Posts: 6320

Reply


Re: Introducing... How to Cheat in Photoshop CS6
Calasade wrote:
I recently bought this for the Kindle (wish now I had ordered a hard copy because the Kindle layout is rather rough to read). That said, the tips in this book are amazing. I do have a problem besides the e-formatting and that is where to download the DVD that accompanies the hard copy. I can only find the download files for CC.


The DVD contents for the CS6 edition were never made available online by the publishers, which is crazy, and the layout in the Kindle edition is truly horrible.

If you send me your email address I'll send you a link to download the files.

Posted on 17/04/14 6:09:34 PM
Calasade
*
Posts: 33

Reply


Re: Introducing... How to Cheat in Photoshop CS6
Steve Caplin wrote:

The DVD contents for the CS6 edition were never made available online by the publishers, which is crazy, and the layout in the Kindle edition is truly horrible.

If you send me your email address I'll send you a link to download the files.


Being an author, I understand about publishers, believe me. Even as poor as the formatting is for the Kindle version of CS6, the formatting takes nothing away from the phenomenal tutelage you've provided. I've learned more from your book in the past week regarding montages than I have in the last year. Truly amazing stuff.

Thank you so much for the link! I'll message my e-mail address to you after writing this. The files will come handy until I buy the hard copy version when I return home to the States from Spain (would do it now, but shipping to Spain is expensive).

page: 1 2 last
Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]

Powered by SimpleForum Pro 4.6